Ready to change the world?
Here at HazAdapt, we aim to revolutionize emergency communication and preparedness from the bottom up. We provide personalized, intelligent, and secure opportunities for community members to train for hazards, report emergencies, and receive and communicate information in real-time with local emergency management agencies and their communities.
We’re looking for a full-stack engineer to work on our premier public-facing applications and the supporting backend services. These serve as the primary portal for the public and emergency managers to interact with, customize, and share emergency information with their families and community members.
Here are a couple of examples of what you might be working on:
- Building geolocation interfaces with real-time technologies.
- Implementing inclusive UIs to support emergency managers in high-stress crisis situations.
- Translating mobile UI components to a web platform, utilizing responsive design and atomic design best practices
Who We Are Looking For
- At least 1-2 years of experience building web applications in React.
- At least 1 year of experience building React Native mobile applications.
- Experience writing complex unit and integration tests using Jest or a similar testing library.
- A hunger for growth, curiosity, and drive to build a revolutionary product is key.
- We put a lot of trust in our team, and that comes with some big responsibilities.
- Strong communication skills will be crucial here, especially now that we are remote, and we expect that you are capable of being open when it comes to work.
- Amazing work > years of experience > degrees
- We know incredible experience comes in many forms. We focus most on amazing, thoughtful work, not just in any one portion of the stack, but across the whole tech range and beyond.
- Experience shipping mobile applications to production environments, including the App Store and/or Google Play Store, is a huge plus.
- Experience building mobile applications using Expo SDK.
- Experience in information communication technology (ICT) or emergency mass notification technology.
- An understanding of the principles of accessibility and the ability and eagerness to build products that are accessible to users with different abilities.
- Experience implementing UI components using Atomic Design principles
- There are huge kudos to be had if you have experience building inclusive products and working on A11Y accessibility standards.
Flexible Position Options
- 100% remote
- Full-time, part-time, and internship positions available.
- Priority status for future full-time employment opportunities
- Fun, collaborative team environment
As a pre-revenue startup, we are currently offering this position with equity-based compensation, with the goal of offering competitive salaries in the near future.
How to Apply
Press "Apply Now" below or email us at email@example.com to apply! In your email, please including the following:
- Cover Letter
- A link to a showcase of your work (GitHub, portfolio, etc.)
In your cover letter, tell us why you want to be a part of HazAdapt, and what you have worked on in the past. And feel free to share anything that you feel makes you a special fit for our mission.