At HazAdapt, we are building the world’s most trusted and human-friendly technology for emergency communication and public wellness. Our products are used by both emergency managers and the public to foster a level of resilience and inclusivity that has not been seen in the industry before. Our team is small and cross-functional, with a focus on honesty and growth.
We’re looking for a UI/UX designer to work on our premier emergency management web client and community engagement applications. These are the primary portals for emergency managers and the public to plan for, report, and respond to emergencies. You will lead the design of our application suite, ensuring our product design addresses the inclusive needs of a growing and diverse user base. You will plan, concept, design, prototype, and iterate on user interfaces, ensuring that user and stakeholder feedback is efficiently incorporated into the design of our product suite.
The pace is fast here, and people often wear multiple hats. We have committed to inclusively designing all of our products from the start, which relies heavily on cultivating inclusive interfaces and experiences for our users. You should be very comfortable working in an Agile, fast-paced design environment with Figma. We support (and encourage!) learning on the job, with the expectation that team members take the responsibility and initiative to close information gaps. We prize being flexible and adapting quickly to a fast-changing environment.
Here are a couple of examples of what you might be working on:
- Design and deliver wireframes and prototypes for our suite of web and mobile applications
- Effectively lead iterative user and inclusivity testing to further enhance the user experience of our platform
- Collaborate and put your ideas through in a multi-disciplinary team
- Implement practical designs that show empathy and understanding for our end users
Who We Are Looking For
- Experience using tools like Figma, Adobe XD, or Sketch to implement and hand off UI prototypes
- A hunger for growth, curiosity, and drive to build a revolutionary product is key.
- We put a lot of trust in our team, and that comes with some big responsibilities.
- Strong cross-functional communication skills will be crucial here, especially now that we are remote, and we expect that you are capable of being open when it comes to work.
- Amazing work > years of experience > degrees
- An understanding of the principles of accessibility and the ability and eagerness to build products that are accessible to users with different abilities.
- Experience building inclusive products and working on A11Y web accessibility standards.
- Experience creating & maintaining up-to-date UX documentation, including consistent and focused wireframes, style guides, and mockups.
- Experience creating and/or managing a UI style guide
- You stay relevant in current innovation and have a keen desire to be progressive in the influence of design on business and engineering.
- You foster design leadership with the business, engineering, and our users in mind.
This is a pre-revenue startup, and the work you do here is incredibly impactful. You will have the opportunity to seriously make an impact on a wide range of features and the company as a whole. You will also have an opportunity to earn meaningful equity.
As a pre-revenue startup, we are currently offering this position with equity-based compensation, with the goal of offering competitive salaries in the near future.
How to Apply
Press "Apply Now" below or email us at email@example.com to apply! In your email, please including the following:
- A link to a portfolio of your work
- A brief written statement
In your statement, tell us why you want to be a part of HazAdapt, and what you have worked on in the past. And feel free to share anything that you feel makes you a special fit for our mission.